Our standard bookcases are crafted from solid hardwoods. Like our other case goods, these can be customized to your specifications.
Why invest in solid hardwood bookcases?
- Solid hardwood is more rigid than man-made boards like plywood and particle board. Shelves can be longer without sagging.
- The edges can’t chip off the way that edge-banding on man-made boards can.
- Solid hardwoods don’t contain harmful formaldehyde commonly found in particle board and MDF (medium density fiberboard).
- Safe, non-toxic finishing materials – we use finishes derived from plant oils and waxes.
- Locally designed and crafted in our Brooklyn workshop
- Designs are adaptable to your specific space and need
- Work with our experienced designers to turn your vision into reality
- Locally sourced hardwoods from the forests of New York and Pennsylvania
Please visit our showroom at the Brooklyn Navy Yard and work with our expert staff to create similar pieces to the ones shown below, customized to meet your needs and enjoy in your home for a lifetime.