Waverly Platform Bed
Our Waverly Platform Bed is available in cherry (as shown), red oak or walnut. Available with or without a foot board.
Our platform beds are made in our Brooklyn workshop of locally sourced hardwoods and finished with non-toxic plant oil and wax.
Our bed frames emit no harmful chemicals as they are made of natural materials – hardwood, a little steel for the bolts, a little wool felt under the slats, a tiny amount of non-toxic glue (similar to Elmer’s Glue), and a a couple of strips of nylon webbing keeping the slats in position, and the plant oil and beeswax finishing materials.
Our platform beds are designed for use with a mattress only – no box spring or foundation is necessary. The mattress is supported by a an array of hardwood slats that provide beneficial ventilation for the mattress.
We are confident that our Waverly Platform Bed frames will last for generations – the reason is their bolted construction – learn more
Our under-bed storage boxes fit perfectly under the rails of the bed adding a significant amount of additional storage. We offer under bed storage boxes sized to pull out from either the sides of the bed or from the foot. They roll easily on either hard or carpeted surfaces using omni-directional wheels.
Features and Benefits
- Solid hardwood construction – primary wood: cherry, red oak or walnut.
- Secondary wood; structural components such as slats and supporting parts under the mattress are either maple or red oak chosen for strength.
- Constructed using sturdy mortise and tenon joinery and hardware fasteners. learn why our beds are built to last
- Locally sourced, sustain-ably harvested hardwood.
- Mattress supported by an array of hardwood slats
- Designed to accommodate our under-bed storage boxes
- Call our showroom to determine stock status
- Full service assembled delivery available
- Select from Cherry, Red oak or Walnut
- Available in Twin, Full, Queen or King.
- Custom sizes quotation upon request.