We offer mattresses that provide comfortable, ergonomically sound support, made from durable, non-toxic materials and are fairly priced consistent with the high quality of the materials employed.
We are very proud to be recognized by the Mattress Underground site as a source for high quality, safe and reasonably priced mattresses. We encourage anyone shopping for a new mattress to visit the Mattress Underground site.
The mattresses that we offer are manufactured by a small workshop in California; Berkeley Ergonomics.
The idea began over 30 years ago, with the opening of a small mattress shop in the Bay Area. A few years later Berkeley Ergonomics was born through the co-operation of Colin Hunter and Mike Lavin – experienced professionals who now each have 35 years experience in the design and sales of innovative sleep systems. Together they developed the fundamental concepts of natural mattresses, free from harmful chemicals, which continues today. Mike Lavin continues to operate in Berkeley as European Sleep Works. Colin remains centered on mattress-making at Berkeley Ergonomics in Ontario CA.
The cornerstone of Berkeley Ergonomics designs and philosophies is product performance. If a product doesn’t meet the highest performance standards, they simply don’t buy it. In order to achieve the highest level of performance from a mattress, Berkeley Ergonomics purchased components from European suppliers where performance and certified purity are placed ahead of branding and marketing. They now partnering with 7 of the strongest, most reputable component manufacturers in Europe. It is our belief that this is the only way to provide clients with consistently superior sleep solutions. These beds are a unique blend of ortho-engineering and high quality touches. All the design elements work together to provide:
- Individual support and comfort in any sleeping position
- Optimal body conformity and spinal alignment
- Hygienic and dry sleeping climate through excellent breathability
- Certified purity — Öeko-Tex certificates confirm that all our materials conform to the strictest European standard for harmful substances and chemicals in mattresses
- Hypo-allergenic and beneficial to allergy sufferers
- Long lasting and exceptionally durable
- Quiet sleep with far less motion — you can move without disturbing your partner: no roll-together
- Choice of different firmnesses in one cover — no compromising individual comfort
- No need to flip or turn mattress