Waverly Platform Bed
Our platform beds are made in our Brooklyn workshop of locally sourced hardwoods and finished with non-toxic plant oil and wax.
Our bed frames emit no harmful chemicals as they are made of natural materials – hardwood, a little steel for the bolts, a little wool felt under the slats, a tiny amount of non-toxic glue (similar to Elmer’s Glue), and a a couple of strips of nylon webbing keeping the slats in position, and the plant oil and beeswax finishing materials.
Our platform beds are designed for use with a mattress only – no box spring or foundation is necessary. The mattress is supported by a an array of hardwood slats that promote beneficial ventilation for the mattress.
We are confidant that our Waverly Platform Bed frames will last for generations – the reason is bolted construction – read why
Our under-bed storage boxes fit perfectly under the rails of the bed adding a significant amount of additional storage. We offer under bed storage boxes sized to pull out from either the sides of the bed or from the foot. The under-bed boxes roll easily on either hard or carpeted surfaces on omni-directional wheels.
- Solid hardwood construction – primary wood – red oak, cherry, walnut or maple.
- Secondary wood ; structural components such as slats and supporting parts under the mattress are either maple or red oak chosen for strength.
- Constructed using sturdy mortise and tenon joinery and hardware fasteners. learn why our beds are built to last
- Locally sourced, sustain-ably harvested hardwood.
- Mattress supported by array of hardwood slats
- Designed to accommodate our under-bed storage boxes –
- Call our showroom to determine stock status
- Full service assembled delivery available
- select from cherry, walnut or maple
- available in Full, Queen, Eastern King and California King. Custom sizes quotation upon request.